The latest water cooler topic here at QuickLogic, and certainly around the ‘virtual’ water cooler of the QuickLogic investor sites, has been CertiVox (judging by the good number of questions related to it in our ‘Ask the CEO’ blog).
So, here is some information on the company, and why it makes sense for us to partner with them.
Who is CertiVox?
CertiVox was founded in 2009 based on the simple belief that everyone deserves the right to secure their online information exchanges simply and easily. Their leading-edge technology and commitment to service has enabled industries around the world – including defence, government, legal and financial services – to protect and control their information exchanges through PCs, smart devices and in the cloud. By combining state-of-the-art crypto technology with their signature on-demand encryption key management service, CertiVox is the only company in the global market today that can arm businesses and individuals with an easy-to-use certificate-less security solution securing data exchanges on all things Internet. CertiVox solutions deliver simple, powerful information security, protecting business and individual privacy through the cloud and at rest.
Why should customers use CertiVox?
- Removes the need for user name and passwords
- Easy-to-use certificate-less security solution securing data exchanges on all things Internet
- Secure content access not tied to specific computes or portable devices (no certificates). Leverages the power of HTML5
- Low cost implementation
- Lower back end hosting servers costs
- Lower costs per user
How does the relationship with CertiVox benefit QuickLogic?
- QuickLogic has been working on secure authentication with multiple customers, and we see this as a potential area of expertise we can build on
- We see “mobile cloud” as the next big inflection point which is happening within our primary market segments
- We have identified, as has the market, that secure authentication is one of the biggest concerns for mobile cloud applications and usage models going forward
- Existing authentication has limitations…more to the point, is not very secure
- CertiVox Private Sky authentication suite offers a more secure, simpler, cheaper and easier to implement authentication system than other PKI systems.
- CertiVox develop crypto IP and the software system to implement a system, but lacked additional hardware support to enable the two factor authentication
How does the relationship with QuickLogic benefit CertiVox?
- To implement a two factor authentication system, CertiVox required additional hardware to run its MIRACL crypto engine. This would normally will implemented in external removable media device ( for example; USB thumb stick)
- QuickLogic’s experience in working within USB removable media applications and our knowledge of the market, customers and previous experience working within secure authentication make us a compelling partner
- Our ArcticLink II CX also offers additional opportunities for CertiVox beyond just USB memory sticks
- Our CSSP’s approach was an important factor for CertiVox, as flexibility and the ability customise quickly for specific customer requests is a big advantage